Friday, September 30, 2011

The Story of a Bracelet


Mr. CP "accidentally" shot this photo. He asked me a question, I used air quotes, and without lifting the camera to his face he snapped this shot without my knowledge. Sneaky. And also a little impressive.

My skirt is a-twirlin'!


Vine-Print Top: Coldwater Creek
Cardigan: August Silk (via Nordstrom Rack)
Skirt: Thrifted
Tights: Hue (via Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Chinese Laundry
Brooch: DIY
Earrings: Tiny shop in Rome
Rings: Blue stone - Something Silver; Ruby ring: tiny shop in Venice
Head Band: Target


The summer after Mr. CP and I started dating, he and his family went on a 3+ month trip around the world. He and I didn't get to talk much that summer. Mr. CP sent me emails as often as he could, though his access to the internet was severely limited, particularly in Asia and Africa. I think we spoke about three times on the phone, as well. He knew that I had always loved charm bracelets, though I never wore the traditional, dangly sort simply because the charms frequently fell off and got lost. So, before he left he gave me a Trollbeads charm bracelet that included a single bead -- a beautifully cast forget-me-not charm. To cheer myself up while he was traveling, I pledged to buy myself a single bead for every month he was away. By the time he got back, I had added four additional charms to the bracelet. For a long time, whenever we had a big celebration -- anniversary, birthday, holiday, assorted other milestones -- Mr. CP gifted me with a new charm. Though we've since started a new tradition, Mr. CP and I have come a long way, a fact that I'm reminded of each and every time I look at my now-full bracelet.

If any of you would like to see better close-up shots of the bracelet, I'd be more than happy to oblige. Just let me know in the comments! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment