Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ruffles and Stripes


Cardigan: Nordstrom Rack
Tank Top: Target
Skirt: Thrifted
Tights: Hue (via Nordstrom Rack)
Boots: Nordstrom Rack
Head band: H&M
Earrings: Vintage (gifted)


Mama CP is in town this week, and together we've managed to do quite a bit of damage at a few local stores. Primary among them? Nordstrom Rack. I grabbed this cardigan on the way to the fitting rooms fully expecting that I would hate it. Ruffles plus my (ahem) ample bosom typically equal bad news bears. Much to my surprise, however, I found that I really, really liked the style and the fit of this particular cardigan, so I carried it around gleefully for the remainder of our shopping trip with what was no doubt a self-satisfied smile on my face.


I wasn't entirely sure whether these boots worked well with the ensemble. I carried around a camel-colored purse with the outfit -- which obviously isn't pictured -- and I think it helped pull everything together. As an aside, I included the last photograph because I've worn this head band in a couple previous OOTDs, but never quite managed to get a decent photograph of it. You can find the previous posts where I wore the head band here and here.

Here's where I confess one of my deep, dark secrets to you. We all have those things about ourselves that bother us. Mine are those pesky "creases" that I get around the bra-area on my back. It used to drive me crazy... hell, sometimes it still does. But, really, who cares? If someone refuses to interact with me on such bizarre grounds, then well... they're kind of a weirdo. Beyond that, looking around when I'm out and about, nearly every single person I see -- regardless of size, weight, or height -- suffers from exactly the same issue. SO my general philosophy is that it's a part of me, it doesn't really matter in the long run, and that I just need to get over it (which I'm fully willing to admit is harder than it sounds).

Ah... I almost forgot: that second picture. Mr. CP asked me why I always strike the same pose. That was my response, captured on camera for the world to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment