Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tweet Tweet!


Dress: Forever 21+/Forever 21
Cardigan: Halogen/Nordstrom
Tights: Hue/Macy's
Boots: Abound/Nordstrom Rack
Necklace: DIY
Brooch: Oh My Cavalier! (here)
Earrings: Marc Jacobs/Nordstrom Rack
Head band: H&M

Mama and Papa CP have officially left Seattle. We had a marvelous time while they were here, though, complete with lots of shopping and even more eating. Perhaps my favorite activity while they were here was the holiday Christmas cruise we went on. Playing host to a group of incredibly talented Christmas carolers, the boat we were on stopped by four different parks where the city of Seattle had lit bonfires, and broadcasted carols to the shore. Along the way, privately owned boats joined in the procession, all of them decorated with holiday lights. By the end of the cruise, there were nearly 20 boats following our own. The four of us bundled up, grabbed hot chocolate and spiced rum, and headed to the top deck in order to better appreciate the view. It was a beautifully clear night, a rarity in Seattle this time of year, so we had a perfect view of the stars and the festively decorated ships. Hooray!

The high point of the evening was a lengthy discussion Mr. CP and I had with the onboard Santa Clause (heretofore referred to as SC). He was marvelous. Mr. CP, SC, and I had an intense discussion regarding what I have dubbed the "Philosophy of Santy Clause Beards." SC informed us that while he had been an amateur Santa for many years, he had only been doing it professionally for three. After much deliberation, SC explained to us, he ultimately decided to be a "more modern Santa" (his words, not mine), and as such opted for a short, neatly manicured beard rather than a "scraggly, unwieldy" one. The conversation was surreal, but thoroughly amusing.

I asked SC for a pony for Christmas, but he informed me that everyone has been asking for one. He encouraged me to be more creative with my request. So, I asked for a unicorn. Though difficult to procure, SC assured me that he would do his utmost to find one by Christmas. I shall name my unicorn Justin, and he shall be glorious in all his, erm, glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment