Monday, December 19, 2011

Sequins!

 
 
 


Dress: LOFT/ Christmas gift from Mr. CP
Tights: Hue/Macy's
Boots: Enzo Angiolini/Nordstrom Rack
Necklace: DIY/Birthday gift from Mama CP
Hair Clip: Thea Starr/Christmas gift from Mr. CP (here)

Sequins and I have a love/hate relationship. On the one hand, as a connoisseur of all things sparkly and shiny, I feel obliged to love them. I mean, they're basically giant pieces of glitter affixed to articles of clothing. And while I'm no Ke$ha (really? A dollar sign? ::shakes head::), I do love me some glitter. That being said, I tend to see a lot of be-sequined (um, yes, that's a word... why do you ask?) items of clothing that lead me to think, "That would look SO cute on someone else. It's just a bit much for me." I just don't feel comfortable in overtly sparkly things Yes. I know. I'm an enigma.

So, when I spotted this sweater dress at LOFT a month-ish ago, I was immediately smitten. It certainly has sequins, they're just subtle and understated. I dragged Mr. CP into LOFT, to only mild protests, and made him sit patiently (with my purse, of course... dur!) while I tried the dress on. Mr. CP's reaction when I walked out of the dressing room was both flattering and hilarious. His mouth dropped open, and he uttered those six little words that every woman longs to hear: that dress was made for you. In keeping with my self-imposed shopping ban in the lead-up to Christmas, however, I bid farewell to this beautiful dress and moseyed on out of the store, a lone tear trickling down my face. I may or may not have gone back and pawed sadly at the window on several different occasions. Maybe. Possibly. Perhaps.

Because we're going to be traveling to Kansas for Christmas, we decided to celebrate Fake Christmas today in order to avoid packing up our gifts to one another. Imagine my delight when I opened up one of my presents only to find this dress! Mr. CP insists that it's actually a gift for him (aw, shucks!), but I'm megalomaniacal and greedy. IT'S MINE!

In honor of Fake Christmas, and because I think it's hilarious, I thought I'd share with you all a photo of me "shaking it off," ostensibly before Mr. CP started taking pictures. Traitor.


No comments:

Post a Comment