Monday, December 12, 2011

Readers, Meet My Repurposed Vintage Jewelry!

It's no secret that I love vintage accessories, particularly brooches. I also have a soft spot for repurposed vintage jewelry, though, and I thought I share a few pieces from my collection with you. There's something enchanting -- poetic, even -- about giving an old, unused vintage element new life by reworking it into something new.


Mama CP makes jewelry, and has her own business selling bits and bobs at various craft shows. This bracelet is made out of vintage buttons, antique watch faces, and old typewriter keys.

DIY! These stones were on an old, old necklace I found at an antique store in Nebraska. They were dusty and dirty, but a quick turn in my rock polisher (yes, I'm awesome, I have a rock polisher) cleaned them right up. The bangle itself isn't vintage; I picked it up at Michael's on sale for a couple bucks.

DIY! My mom had this broken clip on earring in a box at home. I just clipped off the back, filed down the pointy edges, and strung it on a chain with wire-wrapped vintage pearls.


DIY! Antique keys, a sparkly crystal ball taken from a broken vintage clip on earring, and some gunmetal and silver chain are all it took to put this little guy together.

DIY! I was inspired to make this necklace when I saw this beautiful necklace on Anthropologie's website. They were selling it for around $468. Psh. The focal piece is an antique pencil that my grandmother used in grade school. I wire-wrapped smoky quartz, labradorite, and hematite onto several different kinds of chain (some vintage, some not). I couldn't get a terribly good shot of this necklace (it's reeeeally long), but I will be wearing it in Wednesday's OOTD post. 

My wonderful friend Krissy, owner and designer of Orange Box Jewelry, refashions vintage items into beautiful one-of-a-kind necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. I originally saw this piece at a local market a couple months ago, and somehow managed to walk away from it. I was still thinking about it two weeks ago, though, and thankfully no one had bought it. SO, it came home with me!

There is a really exciting giveaway coming up, so be sure to check back tomorrow morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment