Wednesday, December 21, 2011

1 by 8: Modcloth's Craving Curry Skirt

The trough-loads of holiday treats I've been consuming have apparently negatively influenced my creativity. The more chocolate I eat, the more I start to communicate (and think) in hoots and grunts. I share this because, quite frankly, I could not for the life of me come up with an idea about what to post today. I was literally scratching my head... which, incidentally, didn't help. I then tried stroking my chin thoughtfully in the hopes that it would somehow get the creativity juices pumping. It didn't. I thought maybe doing both at the same time would help, so I tried scratching my head and stroking my chin at the same time. Still nothing. Mr. CP ultimately took pity on me, and said, "Why don't you use that Omnivore thingy to put together a bunch of outfits using one item." GENIUS!

I've always loved blog posts that make good use of Polyvore (I'm looking at you, Kassi). It's actually a fantastic tool for imagining new outfits into being. I usually try to stay away from Polyvore because, inevitably, I end up putting an outfit together that includes one or more pieces that I don't own, and then I end up fantasizing about said pieces to the point of madness. I'm neurotic like that. So, in this case it seemed like a good idea to put together outfits using only items that are identical or similar to things I already have in my closet. =D

Not-so-random, but still kind of random question: I recently picked up this beauty for New Year's Eve. I'm considering setting up a friendly competition in which all of you help me decide how to style it by creating your own Polyvores that feature this dress. Is that something you might be interested in?





Mustard and Diamonds


Floral and Mustard



Mustard and Fox


Mustard and Blue


Mustard and Flowers



Black and Mustard



Mustard and Hearts


Mustard and Stripes

No comments:

Post a Comment