Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Eve!


Dress: Anthropologie
Top: Anthropologie
Belt: Came with another dress
Tights: Hue/Nordstrom Rack
Shoes: Naya/Nordstrom Rack
Bracelet: Vintage
Earrings: Gift/Betsey Johnson

When I put this outfit on, I loved it. BUT seeing it in photographs, I'm left with that "meh" feeling I sometimes get over my outfits. I don't know. I mean, it's fine. It's just not, "WOWSA!" 

Anyway, our New Year's Eve celebration was marvelous! One of our very favorite seafood restaurants sits directly opposite the Space Needle (where they fire off the fireworks), so Mr. CP and I decided to take part in their NYE celebration. Seated next to us was the most adorable French couple I have ever clapped eyes on. They had to be in their 60s, but they were snuggling like teenagers, and boogying like champs. The French man was wearing a cravat. A CRAVAT! If I spoke any French at all, I would have teetered up to him in my heels and announced to him that he was my hero. Unfortunately, the only thing I know how to say in French is, "Je suis un poisson," and somehow I think he would have found it creepy if a strange woman had waltzed up to him and informed him in no uncertain terms that she was a fish. My favorite moment:  watching the French couple dance to the Beegees... right next to us... because I dragged Mr. CP out on the dance floor and made him disco with me. DON'T JUDGE ME, OKAY?! My father used to do an amazing Beegees impression... it was a thing of beauty. But I digress.

p.s. I apologize for my cosmetic-less face and un-curled hair. Light was fading fast in the lead-up to our New Year's Eve celebration, so I (very politely) demanded that Mr. CP follow me outside to take photos. 

What did YOU do for NYE? Happy 2012 (a few days late)!!!!!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment