Monday, January 9, 2012

#1: Holy Wedding, Batman!

When I announced my engagement on here, a lot of you expressed interest in blog posts centering on the whole wedding planning process. I've loved reading Sarah's posts about her upcoming nuptials over on Coming Unstitched, so I thought it would be fun to periodically post about our wedding planning. Because I'm terrible at planning posts in advance, I don't want to promise "Wedding Wednesdays" a la Sarah. So, these posts may be a bit sporadic, popping up unexpectedly from time to time.

I want to enjoy the engagement stage as much as possible, so I've really only taken care of a few basic things at this point. I created a communal Pinterest board for my mother and one of my best friends to clip ideas to (you can find it here). I've also set up our engagement photo session with Jenny GG Photography. We've decided to wait until the beginning of March to take our photos in the hopes that we'll get some sunshine. Fingers crossed!

A few of the things we definitely know we want for our wedding:
  • To get married in Maui sometime between November 2012 and February 2013
  • Bare feet
  • A very, very miniscule wedding (10 people max)
  • I want a short, knee-length wedding dress that isn't white, and that I can feasibly wear again
  • A vintage brooch bouquet... with a twist! One of the ways in which I plan to make my extended family and friends feel more included in the wedding revolves around this. I'm going to ask each of them to contribute a vintage flower brooch to the bouquet. 
  • Lots of laughs!

Mama CP is coming out for a visit early next month to do some wedding dress shopping, and help me plan things out. Unfortunately, my two closest girlfriends don't live nearby -- CP BFF #1 is in Colorado, and CP BFF #2 is currently stationed in Afghanistan -- so they won't be able to directly take part in the process of picking out a dress. As much as I would love to have them around to try on dresses, there are obvious work-arounds. They're both going to be receiving copious amounts of emails and photos from me. ;)

Beyond that, the rest of this month is going to be spent enjoying the fact that I'm newly engaged. I want to enjoy it before I jump head first into the planning process!


No comments:

Post a Comment