Friday, January 6, 2012

Liebster Blog Award


This post is long overdue! The very beautiful, and overwhelmingly sweet Katha over at Kathastrophal (how cute is that name?!) recently gave me the Liebster Blog Award! Isn't she the sweetest? If you haven't checked out Katha's blog yet, you certainly should. She is absolutely stunning, incredibly sweet, and frequently posts photographs of some of the most delicious looking pastries you have ever clapped eyes on. I've contemplated licking my computer screen. For real. On a theoretically less cringe-inducing note, the award carries with it the requirement that I share with you ten random facts about myself. Here goes!

#1 - I had pet hermit crabs when I was a little girl. I can't for the life of me remember their names, but I used to insist on taking them for walks. I carried them around on the palm of my hand so that they could get fresh air, and enjoy the great outdoors. As I'm sure you can imagine, this didn't always end well. I got pinched a lot.

#2 - I feel really uncomfortable around strangers. I usually mask this by cackling like a hyena, and being overly animated, neither of which help with anyone's discomfort. I end up feeling even more uncomfortable because people (understandably) think I'm slightly unbalanced.

#3 - I once used my lunch money to liberate a rat from my middle school science class. Mr. D was going to feed the poor thing to his snake that afternoon. I thought my mom was going to have a heart attack when I walked up to the car at the end of the day clutching a sad little rat in my hands.

#4 - After two years of working towards a PhD in History, I decided that I was tired of huddling in a corner chewing on my hair, and crying myself to sleep every night, so I made the executive decision to leave Academia. I'm going back to school to earn my teaching credentials so I can teach high school History.

#5 - I'm an appallingly bad cook. I mean, BAD. As in, I almost burnt down the kitchen in my old apartment trying to cook Mr. CP dinner before we started dating.

#6 - In true girly fashion, I'm terrified of spiders. I tend to squeal at a pitch that only dogs can hear whenever I see one.

#7 - I am horribly disorganized. It's sad, actually. I thought about resolving to get better about organization, but I like to be realistic in my New Year's resolutions.

#8 - Mr. CP and I are going to be moving to Colorado sometime this year -- probably in July or September -- and we couldn't be happier about it. We're ready to live some place with sunlight.

#9 - The single greatest sorrow in my life is that Hogwarts isn't real. At least, that's what I'm assuming. Otherwise, I'd be left to assume that I just didn't get an invitation and am, in fact, a muggle, a thought which is too depressing to even contemplate.

#10 - I'm absolutely convinced that Muse's song "Star Light" is about Dr. Who, a belief that Mr. CP finds endlessly hilarious and/or frustrating. He's been trying to convince me for several years that I'm wrong, but my belief is apparently unswerving.

I'm supposed to pass this award on to just one person, but that's impossible. I've limited myself to two people who I haven't given awards to before (that I can remember). Kassi (The Closet Intervention), Sarah (Coming Unstitched): it's your turn!




No comments:

Post a Comment