Sunday, October 23, 2011

Take Four: Cardigans and Chunky Knits


 Dress: Nordstrom Rack
Cardigan: Nordstrom Rack
Tights: Target
Boots: Enzo Angiolini (Nordstrom Rack)
Head band: Nordstrom
Earrings: Fossil
Brooch: Free Table at consignment store (hooray!)



For a long time, I shied away from chunky knits. I was convinced that they made me look, well, chunky. As I've grown more comfortable with my body, though, I've come to realize that it's largely a question of the specific item of clothing you pick. After trying on countless chunky knit items, I eventually realized that not all chunky knits are created equal. Some add bulk in areas where I reeeeeally don't need extra padding (see: the Ladies). Others, like this cardigan, miraculously obscure bulk, and nip in at the waist to give a nice hourglass effect.

There are few things I love more than cruising around the internet looking at photos of peoples' outfits. I particularly love seeing different interpretations of the same trends. So... do you want to see three more interpretations of chunky knits? You do?! Goody! Check out these three ladies!

Bekah at Matters of Merrymaking <--- she is, indeed, a merrymaker.
Gracey at Fashion for Giants <--- She's hilarious, and has beeeeeeeautiful boots, to boot. (heh!)
Karla at Frugal Big Girl <--- She always manages to score some serious deals!

I've met some truly wonderful people since I started blogging a few short months ago. That's far and away been my favorite aspect of blogging. So when Karla approached Gracey, Bekah, and I about starting up a blogging group called Take Four, I didn't hesitate to say yes!

Take Four is an opportunity for the four of us, who bet my chance through blogging, to support each other in a collaborative blogging project. The idea is simple: once or twice a month, we will post four unique interpretations of a selected trend.  In each post, we will provide links to each other’s blogs, so that you, our readers, can find a look and style that suits you, your closet and your budget.  We hope you enjoy the series and, as always, we love feedback, so feel free to get in touch with any of us!








No comments:

Post a Comment