Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sushi Double Date

Embroidered Frolick


Mr. CP and I went out on a double date with some close friends (and neighbors) of ours last night. By the time we left the house, though, it was too dark to take photos, so I figured I would make good use of Polyvore. The skirt I wore, while not identical to the one above, was quite similar. I picked it up from Coldwater Creek on an amazing sale (as in, a full 75% off). The top is also from Coldwater Creek, and it's probably one of my favorite recent purchases. I've been struggling with how to wear it, as it's a bit loose in the torso, and quite long, but I've found it looks nice with a high-waisted skirt. The cardigan is a couple years old, and I picked it up at Loft, again for a steal (picking up on a pattern here?). I got the headband at Target, and I have absolutely no idea where I got the pearl bracelet -- it's just something I accumulated at some point in the past. The shoes were slightly different than those pictured above, but only slightly. Rather than a pinky nude color, my shoes were an eggshell color that perfectly matched the embroidery on the top. I picked them up at Nordstrom Rack. I would probably have worn a belt with the outfit as well, but none that I had were in any way suitable... so now I'm on the hunt for a nice, all-purpose, goes-with-everything belt.

All in all, it was a wonderful -- and very late -- evening full of laughter, wine, and delicious sushi. Even better, we've sloooooooowly cold brewed some coffee this morning, our friends are bringing over fresh scones, and we're going to try desperately to eat off all that wine we drank last night. I love lazy Saturday mornings...

No comments:

Post a Comment