Monday, August 29, 2011

Seeing Spots





Tank top: Loft
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Skirt: Thrifted
Tights: Macy's
Shoes: Sanuk (via REI)
Bag: Coach (thrifted)
Bracelet: Made by Mama CP
Earrings: Gifted (vintage)
Head band: Target

Imagine my absolute pleasure when, after parting ways for a brief period in Las Vegas, I returned to our room to find that Mr. CP had bought me this Banana Republic polka dot cardigan that I had been drooling over for quite some time. In fact, you might recall that it featured prominently in this post. While it was a bit too warm today for khakis, I fully intend to create that particular outfit once the weather gets a bit cooler. To be honest, I'm not sold on the outfit with these particular tights; I think it would look better with un-cropped (is that a word?) tights, and cute flats. But I desperately need to do laundry in our spider-infested, unfinished, creepier-than-words-can-possibly-convey basement (which is a story for a whoooooole other time), so all my tights are waiting patiently to be washed. It was too cold to go without tights today (at least for me), though, so I donned my only clean pair of tights, and off I went.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I visited some local consignment stores with a girlfriend today. I was woefully underwhelmed. I think I might have been more impressed had I been a more petite woman (read: sizes 2 - 6), but there were literally no clothes at all in my size. Added to that, most of the items were horribly overpriced, which is attributable more to the stores' locations than the actual quality of the items they were selling. We did, however, decide to stop at a local Goodwill, and thank goodness we did! I hit the jackpot! I picked up a chunky cable-knit Michael Kors cardigan that hits about an inch above the knee -- perfect with my shorter dresses for winter -- for a whopping $8, and I nabbed two striped Banana Republic sweaters for $2 a piece.



2 comments:

  1. I hate when thrift stores mark up their stuff too high. Sometimes I see stuff from Target that is marked even higher than the price they were selling at Target when it was on clearance, just because it's new with tags, the thrift stores think they can mark it up.

    I really like the top half of your outfit, but I agree that attached-toe/non-cropped tights would have worked better. But spider infested basement? SCARY. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! If I can get it at Target for cheaper, why bother going to a thrift store at all?

    Thanks for the feedback, Kimmie. The more I look at the outfit, the less I actually like it. It just looks... off. I'm headed into our basement now... ::insert creepy music::

    ReplyDelete