Monday, November 21, 2011

Take Four: Saturated Hues from Coast to Coast


Dress: Hazel/Pink Ginger Boutique
Cardigan: August Silk/Nordstrom Rack
Cami (actually a cami bra): Le Mystere/Nordstrom (here)
Tights: Target
Shoes: Naya/Nordstrom Rack (here)
Earrings: Random boutique in Rome
Head band: Nordstrom

Oh, my. Oh, my, my, my. I don't even know how to explain all the colorful (?) things going on in the photos above. The first one starts out normal enough with me smiling cheerfully at the camera. I mean, that's what you're supposed to do, right? Smile at the camera as naturally as possible, presuming of course that you aren't going for candid shots? The second photo is essentially a pinched and clenched version of the first. I would imagine this is what my face looked like the first time I read Swift's "A Modest Proposal": equal parts amused, horrified, and shocked. And then there's the third photo. That face! That hair! This, my friends, is what I look like every morning when I wake up, minus the makeup, and plus drool. For the record, the photos on the camera were essentially this progression writ large. Instead of 3 photos chronicling whatever is going on up there, there were around 40.

In case the title of this post didn't tip you off, this is another Take Four post! Hooray! Huzzah! Woohoo! This week we focused on saturated hues. I have a cobalt blue dress that would have been suitable for this particular trend, but I ultimately settled this dress. As far as saturated hues goes, this dark green velvet number is a bit unusual. When I think of saturated hues, the first color that comes to my mind is cobalt blue. I wanted to wear something a bit more unexpected, though, and this dress fit the bill perfectly.

Be sure to check out Bekah, Gracey, and Karla's posts! Without fail, they always look absolutely adorable!

Bekah at Matters of Merrymaking
Gracey at Fashion for Giants
Karla at Frugal Big Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment