Monday, November 7, 2011

Take Four: Fall Accessories from Coast to Coast


 Woodland Creature Dress: Shana K/Frock Shop (here)
Leggings: Target (here)
Leg Warmers: Avenue
Head band: H&M
Earrings: Marc Jacobs/Nordstrom Rack
Scarf: Anniversary gift! Mr. CP made it! =)
Necklace: DIY
Bracelet: DIY
Boots: Abound/Nordstrom Rack


In this week's Take Four series, we decided to present our various interpretations of fall accessories trends. I chose to style a knitted scarf (they're everywhere right now!), leggings, leg warmers, and knee high boots. I have absolutely no doubt that Gracey, Bekah, and Karla's interpretations of this particular trend are adorable and swoon-inducing, so head on over to their sites and check out their interpretations of fall accessories trends! 


Things have been unsettlingly normal around here for the past few days -- which history has taught me means that something hilarious/shocking/horrifying is about to happen -- so I have exactly zero funny stories to share with you. Instead, I figured I would actually say a bit about my outfit for once!

Mr. CP and I decided several years back that we would handmake our anniversary presents. We both agreed that we liked the more personal aspect of handmade gifts. Last year Mr. CP learned how to make chainmaille, and gifted me with a stunning bracelet (which I'm ashamed to say has yet to make an appearance on this blog). This year, Mr. CP learned how to knit, and made me this beautiful lacy scarf. This Take Four post presented me with the perfect opportunity to debut my beeeeeautiful new accessory. I've pretty much been wearing it constantly since he gave it to me last week. Coats, pajamas, dresses -- you name it, I've worn this scarf with it over the past week. I think Mr. CP is a knitting savant; he's only been doing it for about 2 months and he can already make a scarf like this.

One of my favorite things to do when I'm sitting around in the evenings is whip up jewelry. I don't end up wearing a lot of it, so the vast majority gets shipped off to my girlfriends, but this week I decided to go ahead and wear a couple things I made last week. I had a whole bunch of rings sitting unused in my jewelry box that I've held on to for largely sentimental reasons. I picked out a few with the happiest memories attached, and created this bracelet. Who says you have to wear rings on your fingers? As for the necklace, I like to raid antique stores and flea markets for vintage components, and refashion them into new items. That's precisely what I did with this necklace. The two pendants started out as an earring, and a suffocatingly short necklace. Let me know if you'd like to see tutorials for either the necklace or the bracelet!



No comments:

Post a Comment