Monday, May 21, 2012

Webster Skirt #1: Yikes!

It took me a lot longer than it should have to decide what to style for all of you this week. I ultimately settled on this eyeleted skirt, an adorable little number from The Webster for Target collection.

Skirt
The weather has turned cold and rainy again here, but I categorically refused to wear tights and/or boots. So, I just pretended that it was sunny, and wore the skirt bare-legged with flats.


Skirt: Webster/Target (here)
Cardigan: Halogen/Nordstrom (here)
Cami: Herberger's
Shoes: Aldo (here)
Head band: Nordstrom (here)
Necklace: La Vie Parisienne/Blue Ruby (jewelry boutique in Vancouver, B.C.)

Mr. CP and I will be moving half way across the country in exactly one month. Eek! In the throes of a massive panic attack, I packed up a large chunk of my closet a couple days ago, including all but a few of my sweaters, which makes this cold snap more unpleasant than it might otherwise be. Oh, well! If perception really does shape reality as some philosophers would have us believe, I'll just continue thinking warm thoughts. I mean, thinking it's warm is the same as it actually being warm, right? Right?!

The move really snuck up on us, and now we're faced with what seems to be an insurmountable heap of crap to pack up. I've been using this as an opportunity to get rid of a lot of things we don't use anymore, but it doesn't seem to be making much difference. Mr. CP and I have been taking turns reassuring each other that everything will get done. Thankfully, we've managed to avoid joint freak outs, and I'm hoping that pattern will continue until after we're moved. Fingers crossed!

We will be flying the remaining two cats to stay with Mama and Papa CP in about a week and a half. Once we get back, we'll have a whopping 9 days to get everything packed up before we get on the road. We're currently trying to think of ways to turn packing into a game, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment