Thursday, February 23, 2012

Review: Hana Titanium 1.5" Flat Iron

Hold on to your seats, friends. You're about to behold something truly special. Something so horrifying, something so uniquely grotesque, something so poofy that you may find yourself scrambling away from your computer screen in terror. But be brave, dear friend, for your courage shall be rewarded with a brief glimpse into the power of a truly magnificent -- and, dare I say, magical -- work of electronic brilliance.

I give you.... FRIZZY HAIRED KELSEY! (Yeesh, I hate referring to myself in the third person, but it's so much more dramatic this way, don't you think?)

This is what I look like when I roll out of bed. On a good day. It's a constant source of amusement for Mr. CP. In fact, most mornings he can't actually focus on my face when we're speaking, distracted as he is by the Frizzy Mane of Horror. Seriously, guys, I look like Simba.

Enter the Hana Titanium 1.5" Flat Iron. When Missiko contacted me recently about doing a review of a flat iron, I was truly excited. I love new toys. I'm like a five-year-old that way. If the idea of the flat iron was exciting, though, the reality of it is even more so. I don't typically wear my hair straight, so I was thrilled to hear that, in a seemingly oxymoronic twist of fate, my new Hana flat iron could actually curl hair. Behold: Curly Haired Kelsey!


While in the past I've relied upon my trusty old curling iron to accomplish curly hair -- dur! -- I've found that I actually like the results of the Hana flat iron just as much. The curls I get are much looser and messier; they're very beachy curls, which I appreciate.

In keeping with its true purpose, I decided to go ahead and straighten my hair as well. Lookie! Straight Haired Kelsey!


To give you an idea of how wonderful this flat iron really is, the photos above chronicle the pattern I followed. I started out scary, went curly, and then went straight. Even more impressive, I only had to give each group of hair a single pass with the flat iron to achieve the results you see in the photo above. What did I tell you? Magic!

If you're in the market for a new flat iron, I strongly encourage you to snap up a Hana flat iron. In addition to flat irons, Missiko is also the place to go for CHI Hair Dryers, and curling irons. And while I don't want to ruin the surprise, what I can tell you is that, should you chose to place an order with Missiko, you will receive a truly special package full of extra goodies that will make you smile. =) <--- like that.



*Missiko was kind enough to send me this item free of charge. This in no way affected my opinion of the item or the company. I'm an opinionated beast of a woman, so you can be sure that if I hadn't liked the item and/or company I would have said so. For serious.


No comments:

Post a Comment