Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Pumpkin and the Giant


Sweater: Anthropologie
Leggings: Merona/Target
Boots: Enzo Angiolini/Nordstrom Rack
Necklace: Brighton/Gifted
Head band: Nordstrom
Earrings: Small shop in Rome

Several months back, Mr. CP and I decided that we wanted to spend President's Day weekend exploring Portland. As soon as our plans were settled, I immediately contacted the adorable Gracey from Fashion for Giants about a wee blogger meet up. And oh, what a meet up it was.

Gracey picked me up at the hotel on Sunday morning, and we made our way to several thrift stores. We pretty much hit it off right away. Gracey is so full of life, so smart, so hilarious, and so charming that it's hard not to find yourself immediately at ease with her. She comes across as someone who genuinely enjoys life, someone who sees the potential for laughter and joy in just about every situation. You can imagine, then, how enjoyable thrifting with her was. Perhaps my favorite item she tried on: a uniquely unfashionable 80s prom dress, complete with a puppy-sized ass bow and puffy sleeves. That dress was a thing of beauty, my friends. Over the course of the day, we bonded over our shared love of reading, our individual proclivities for swearing like sailors (it's true... we're seriously ladylike), and humiliating stories of the past.

We met back up with Mr. CP for dinner at a delicious local Portland restaurant called The Veritable Quandary. Gracey got to hear lots of stories about the early days of my relationship with Mr. CP, most of which reflect very poorly on me, and which may or may not show up on this blog in the future. Gracey, in turn, regaled us with tales of her dating adventures. Let me just tell you, every last one of them was absolutely hilarious. By the end of the night my sides were aching from laughing so much.

Mr. CP and I are planning to head back to Portland again in May, and I can't wait to meet up with Gracey again! 

p.s. If you want to read a bit more about our adventure, Gracey wrote about it in this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment